If you want to localize PonyRL, you are welcome to do so!
You can take the latest lang file from http://ponyrl.com/core/lang-en.js
Just translate it (warning: more than 400 strings!) and send your file to me.
Warning: as of 0.7.8 the link to lang file had changed!
If you feel that you need different gender replies, you do the following.
1. Contact us with name of string as listed in file - say, 'use.cool.item'.
2. Prepare strings for two genders - male and female.
3. Add them to lang file with proper keys:
Same goes for numerals. Please prepare three strings and contact us.
'use.cool.item' for quantities of 1, 21, 31, etc.
'use.cool.item.few' for quantities of 2, 3, 4, 22, 23, 24, etc.
'use.cool.item.many' for quantities of 5-10, 11-20, 25-30, 35-40, etc.
Use numeral postfix first then gender postfix.
Whenever you see something like '%v' in translated string, leave it intact. These are template variables and you really shouldn't change them!
1. No html tags changes. Like AT ALL. If you believe you've found an error, post it in bugs.
2. All single quote marks should be backslashed. ' -> \'
3. All backslashes not used in such way should be backslashed too. \ -> \\
P.S. Please do not change line order in file. It is not important, but it will produce a mess later.