PonyRL Forum

A forum for disccussing Pony Roguelike.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-16 20:46:47

someponyfan
Veteran

♫I-de-a♫

This is a space for ideas. Just good ideas, bad ideas are not welcome. If unsure if the idea is good or not post to find out. Ideas like a way to disarm any kind of trap or how to see them before activating them. Changelings not being able to worship other goddesses only Queen Chrysalis um, how about calling her The Black and Green One or She Who Loved Love.

#2 2016-06-22 13:10:29

Skezh
Administrator

Re: ♫I-de-a♫

Hi Someponyfan, thank you for the ideas!

Trap-sense (like traps to appear as ? when you approach them) sounds like a nice ability to have.
Disarm traps with a skill or an item is a nice idea too. Ponies and dragons should not be totally defenseless against traps.

About the changelings. The Black and Green Queen herself did not invade this timeline yet, and there may be only a few elite changeling spies around us. As far as we know, they can mimic every god worship perfectly as part of their disguise, fooling even a diety with gifts of stolen love and piety. We are still not sure how to proceed.

#3 2016-06-23 10:08:04

someponyfan
Veteran

Trap-sense sounds like something for the trickster class. Pink blink could be something they start with based on how "pink prankster" can get to places faster then some pony faster then her. How about changelings having something like the zebras talisman to ether use or gain love/piety. Changelings could have a spell similar to empowered that will work when attacking something to gain piety and increased piety if it is used for a finishing move, piety gained depending on the level of who it is used on. Something like an identity thief spell. Sounds like what could have happened to "Princess Love" before her wedding. An idea for a level could be the castle maze garden. Story for that could be to test the guards or guard applicants. I can't decide if it would be more fitting if the level changed like the Everfree forest or was the same like The Moon. It could be an enchanted maze so the walls move around in-between or during the levels. The champion is a statue with a come-to-life spell on it. There could be a verity of enemy types to see if they can handle a verity of enemy types. When players loose on this level the game over message displays something like: You wake up in the hospital. Nurse Redheart ask you "Why do you suck so bad?".  I would like to be promoted from member and would like to know how to change my picture. I have a really cool picture in mind.

#4 2016-06-26 18:34:43

Elthari
Administrator
Website

Trap sense is actually planned for the trickster class. Changelings are TBD unfortunately. So far everything I try to do with them is either too complicated or just should be dragged to Nurse Redheart for reconstructive surgery.

Speaking of your other questions - in your "Profile" tab you can cnahge your title (Personal tab) and upload an avatar (Personality tab).

#5 2016-07-12 06:06:32

someponyfan
Veteran

You were right about the picture ☺ Another idea is somepony (not me) should submit this to equestrian daily. Something in the gaming index and games area under the media tab. It should not be me because I have tried and filed. Don't know why I just suck at that stuff. I know this game was sent to them a long time ago, that is how I found out about it and have been here ever since. With all the updates it feels like a good time to resubmit and let the masses know about the vast changes.

#6 2016-07-12 10:54:31

Elthari
Administrator
Website

That's a good idea. We just need one more push to finally upload a new update and then I'll do it.

#7 2016-07-13 01:20:46

someponyfan
Veteran

What are you wanting to update and how can the upload/resubmission process be expedited?

#8 2016-07-15 05:50:17

someponyfan
Veteran

A while back I posted a good run in which I had over 200 piety and an administrator said there should be an achievement or victory thing for that. I have thought about could be done. The achievement could be called The Felling Is Mutual. It is done by having piety at 100 or something like that. The achievement unlocks the changeling race. It could be a special ending like having too much corruption, except it is a good thing. Here is one way I picture it playing out: You hear a voice "Hay, Silly Filly stay put for a second." She Who Chases Rainbows appears beside near you with an awesome chariot behind her. "You are Silly Filly right? I have heard about you. Your kinda cool. Now get in the chariot so we can hang out." Silly Filly excitedly ask "Where are we going?" She Who Chases Rainbows raises an eyebrow and replies "I was just flying really fast and want to make sure I am hearing things right. I got here and you want to know where you are going?" Silly Filly nodes her head vigorously. She Who Chases Rainbows looks at her sternly and says "YOU ARE GOING IN THE CHARIOT. We are wasting time here when we could be doing cool stuff together." Silly Filly's ears lower and she gets into the chariot. She Who Chases Rainbows says "Don't try talking to me until I have stopped. She Who Knew An Answer told me I wont hear anything you say back there because I am going faster then the speed of sound. I tried to ask her about why when you are going just as fast as me but she started talking about science stuff and I got board." Then She Who Chases Rainbows takes off with Silly Filly in the chariot. Congratulations The End       Let me know what you think about the individual endings, I have a few others for some of the other goddess.

#9 2016-07-15 11:47:44

Skezh
Administrator

That's a nice fantasy! But such godly encounters are a bit off the scale now, for a 15 minute roguelike where you usually start at level 1. 

There is an achievement for 40+ piety that unlocks zebra and a you get a general note in the end-game screen if you had much piety for now.

We can add something cute like "You may even get to hang out with She Who Chases Rainbows some day" in the end screen if level ends wit victory. If you want, you can suggest such notes for individual gods.

BTW, I REALLY like the garden maze idea, and I think it should be random (mazes loose their charm if you know the layout beforehand).

#10 2016-07-15 13:13:00

Elthari
Administrator
Website

I even have the proper algorithm for maze generation...

#11 2016-07-15 13:48:29

someponyfan
Veteran

Yes there is an achievement for a small amount of piety but that does not mean that there can not be another one for a more respectable amount. There are achievements that are meant to be easily done, and others that are a challenging version of the same thing. For example 'Graduated' and 'Postgraduate' also 'Force of Will' and 'Like a boss!'. This could be another one of those. If you would rather I come up with a shorter thing for the ending I guess I could. How is this: After the excitement Silly Filly begins to prepare breakfast and finds a scroll on the table. It reads: My Faithful Student I have noticed your hard work and I am impressed. So much that I would like you to help me with some projects I have been working on. I will be coming by in a week from today. Sincerely, She, Who Knew an Answer. Another idea I have for changelings is they should gain piety for lifestealing and leveling up. The reason is they are both examples of ways to gain strength from your enemies, like how the leader did before taking over Canterlot. The garden maze is something I am not sure exactly what to do with as far as what should go in it. I think enemies from all levels should be in there but I am not too sure about the champion. Would it be better if it were a different one every time or should it be a unique one for that level. I think it would be cool if it were a randomly chosen one like how it is in Nightmare with a chance for a unique champion for that area. The layout something that changes like Frozen caverns as opposed to set in stone like The Moon.

#12 2016-07-16 03:00:37

someponyfan
Veteran

I also think changelings should be able to change. XD seriously though, they should be able to go between magic and physical attacks. Possibly from a skill costing a bit of magic or piety not sure magic sounds better. It should cost less then magic missile, 3-4 mp sounds good. Farmers should have increased health and defense from all the work around the farm. They also should have the ability applekinesis to start with. Did not know an algorithm for mazes existed. That should be fun. Gryphons should have higher attack because of there claws/talons and they are natural hunters. Decreased defense because birds have weak necks. Seriously if attacked by any species of bird or goat or ram just grab their face and back of the head and snap there neck it is very easy. You would think goats and rams would have stronger necks seeing how there signature move is the head-butt, though impacting something wrong gets them killed from a slipped disk.

#13 2016-10-21 13:08:51

someponyfan
Veteran

I have been working on how the maze idea can work and most of what I have been coming up with is that it can not because it just ends early with the player being forced into fighting something way higher level then they are. In some attempts to fix this problem I have come up with a possible solution. It involves making the maze walls breakable like in the Everfree and Frozen caverns levels. Just like them I think that breaking the walls too much should have a drawback. I have thought about making the champion's attack increase or dropping the players experience points or just raising how many are needed to reach the next level. Maybe raising the champion's ability to take damage like how it is for the dragon and there horde. I also thought of an item: Autograph-this item is an autographed picture of "Best Pony" item is only good for high piety as any goddess would love to have this. Lastly for this post earth pony farmer should have a chance of being orange and named Silly Pony.

#14 2016-11-15 08:43:03

someponyfan
Veteran

I had another idea about the maze. The walls can cause the integrity status. After seeing what it does I feel that is worse then corruption because corruption can be used to kill your enemies if you strike first or earlier then first and you wont need to worry about your lack of hp, where as integrity can drop your attack so you are fighting something with 70 hp and you only have an attack of 1 making it impossible to defeat the champion unless you have magic that can get your piety over 200 with She, Who Knew an Answer.

#15 2017-01-01 13:39:48

atylo

Hello, um.. This may be off-topic but I didn't find any other vivid place to write to. I collect pony games and I have a huge archive of them now. I wonder if the author don't mind to share the offline version of the game? The 0.9.6b release?

#16 2017-02-08 15:26:07

someponyfan
Veteran

I am thinking about getting an artist to help with the art here. I am talking about the space where the enemies picture would go near the health and stats area. What skills would they need for this, or could they just send you the picture and you finish the rest from there?

#17 2017-04-06 14:59:14

atylo

Excuse me? I'm not sure you were talking to me, and this forum is so slow that I wasn't even sure you would ever reply. I don't know anything about creating games or whatever, I just collect pony games and share the link to the archive online.

Board footer