PonyRL Forum

A forum for disccussing Pony Roguelike.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-13 06:36:03

someponyfan
Veteran

It is and is not a bug

I was playing recently (0.9.6) and noticed the Changelings have a -6hp modifier for being a changeling. The thing I found odd is the Changeling Enchanter does not have this modifier even though it is a changeling.

#2 2016-04-14 15:03:33

Elthari
Administrator
Website

Re: It is and is not a bug

Actually all monsters are scaled differently with regards to their baseline hp/attack.

Changelings get -10% hp.
Changeling Enchanters: -20%
Changeling Mages on the other hand has +60% health to compensate for their low attack (-50% penalty).

#3 2016-04-16 02:38:05

someponyfan
Veteran

I guess the race and class change stats for enemies as well. I was going to post what was wrong with what you said before discovering the problem with my argument. It was going to be about how earth pony have -3mp regardless of class but then I had this amazing discovery on unicorns having +15 resentence and scout having -5 resentence. Unicorns have a starting resentence of +15 unless the job is scout, then the starting resentence is +10. I was used to the race of the enemy changing the stats but not the job. I have always considered 'champion' to be a status as opposed to class as any class and race can be a champion and it is not in the name, instead found right next to other status modifiers like first strike or empowered.

#4 2016-04-16 02:59:34

Elthari
Administrator
Website

Enemies in this game are simpler. They do not have class-race alignment, instead each type of the enemy is balanced separately. So guard dog and diamond dog may have nothing in common!

Champion IS not a status per se. It is merely a label assigned to the most powerful enemy (enemies) on the level. It gives certain advantages (for example you DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT PUSH CHAMPIONS!) but if I recall correctly it doesn't change the stats.

#5 2016-04-16 03:41:01

someponyfan
Veteran

One does not simply push a champion. Not for a lack of trying on my part. Champion status modifiers: attack +22%   health +38% can not be pushed also immune to weakness can gain corruption but not sure if possible to defeat with that alone like what can be done with the player.

Board footer