PonyRL Forum

A forum for disccussing Pony Roguelike.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-18 06:51:36

someponyfan
Veteran

A message from The Minestry of Funny Walks

Apperently I have to defeat the Shadow Pony using a trap that I set. I was having a problem with the achievement because I had used some of those and did not do enough damage so I defeated the Shadow Pony by "talking" her into a pitfall trap.

#2 2016-01-31 22:27:51

Skezh
Administrator

Re: A message from The Minestry of Funny Walks

So you figured it out and made it! Was it hard to understand and to execute?

#3 2016-02-01 15:42:53

someponyfan
Veteran

It was a little hard to understand. Learning how to set traps took a bit of reading and thinking, which is not something I do when moving across the map. Doing it was a bit hard because the traps will not do the job for you by themselves. It resulted in using the pitfall traps to do the rest of the work. When that failed to complete the achievement I had to try again, but was unsure how to be successful because the achievement lead me to believe that I was to run away I thought I was not aloud to attack my enemy with or without magic. Seeing how the special traps are not enough I thought I might as well use magic and run a few laps around the castle with Shadow Pony. She was a bit uncooperative and got lost a few times but a little waiting took care of that. It was a bit interesting using the environment like that, very unexpected and fun. I just wonder if anypony else will figure it out or if/when they will ask me for help.

#4 2016-02-03 22:50:03

Skezh
Administrator

Oh, that's great! I'm super-happy you're enjoying the new dynamic. Can you rate this level (and maybe others) in difficulty from 1 to 10?

#5 2016-02-04 00:05:07

someponyfan
Veteran

You might be able to talk me into something like that. Right now I am working on something and can't be tempted with any offers as I am distracted with a bit of a challenge. Ask me again later.

Board footer