PonyRL Forum

A forum for disccussing Pony Roguelike.

You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/users/d/draconic/domains/forum.ponyrl.com/include/parser.php on line 837

#1 2014-03-18 22:58:27

BinaryPony
Retired Spam Killer and Corruption Enthusiast
Website

[God Reviews]Meet your makers-erm the Gods [0.9.2]

Here are the gods from the current version and what I think of them...

She, Who Knew an Answer
Altar: "You find a violet althar with many indecipherable readings on it."
Impress her with: display of skills and knowledge of powerful creatures.
Hates: all combat. Really.
Bestows: Improve affinity, Recharge, Mindlink, Reality Leak, Learn the Basics.
Abilities:
Affinity: [4P] You may receive a part of the Answer, increasing your mental prowess. (+1 max MP) (Repeatable invocation, Cost +2P per invocation)
Recharge: [5P] She who knew an answer will let you tap from her magical reserve, but just once.
Mindlink: [0P] A brief link to Her Pool of Knowledge will give you some experience. (+5 xp)
Reality Leak: [5P] This invocation creates a rift in reality, lowering the natural magic resistance of all beings, exept for you. She says it's totally safe. You are not so sure. (-5% magical resistance for monsters) (Repeatble invocation, Cost +5P per invocation)
Pros: Great for magic users
Cons:
All I can say is this:
"Squid on Strike" bill
Unless you can keep the mana flowing, there is no real way to get good piety.
[1 fo 10]

Lady of Gems
Altar: "A white elegant althar is standing here. It smells like marshmallows. Strange." (Yeah, thanks for FiW reference...)
Impress her with: your wardrobe.
Hates: having unnatural conditions and being ignored for a long time.
Bestows: Restock , Lady's touch, Generosity.
Abilities:
Restock: [2P] The Lady just LOVES to give gifts. You still have to ask nicely, though, but she will return one of sacrificed items to the store. Repeatable invocation. (Cost +2P per invocation)
Lady's touch: [6P] Lady bestows you with her ability to show her displeasure for the next attack. Enemies will surely become exhausted. Repeatable invocation. (Cost always 6P!)
Generosity: [20P] The Lady's generosity knows no bounds. She will add a bit of her own for every bit you earn from your fallen foes.
Golden Armor: [4P] You may spend some gems (4 gp) to futher reinforce your outfit, giving you +5% armor. Repeatable invocation. (Cost +1P and +1gp per invocation)
Pros: Easy to earn piety, good abilities
Cons: If you don't sacrifice or buy something after 100 turns or so, -5 piety
Very good, low maintence, and it is easy to increase piety without going out of your way.
[8 of 10]

She, Who Truly Cares
Altar:An althar covered with loses and branches and some berries stands here.
Impress her with: knowledge of beasts.
Likes: healing, smiting weak creatures, crushing unliving monstrosities.
Dislikes: hurting wild beasts, big scary monsters, vampires!
Bestows: Remedy, Fortitude, Aura of Peace.
Abilities:
Remedy: [4P] Your saint patron cures your wounds, restoring your health up to (50%) HP. Repeatable invocation. (Cost +2P per invocation)
Fortitude: [5P] She, Who Truly Cares, can turn your spiritual energy into your health, increasing its maximum! Repeatable invocation (Invokes Mana Drain, Max HP Bonus= Mana lost, effect wears off if status is cured)
Circle of Peace: [10P] She, Who Cares, can tame even the strongest beasts of the land. Beware though - they still can be provoken easily. (Makes beast enemies peaceful, they will not return the next attack on them.)
Pros: Keeps health up, not high-maintence
Cons: Beast creatures (common in normal game) decrease piety
Misc:
Healed upon praying
[9 of 10]

Last edited by BinaryPony (2014-03-20 01:11:36)

As you lose consciousness,  changelings sing "You are dead! Dead! Dead! You are dead! Dead! Dead!"
Check me out on Braingle, and enjoy awesome brain teasers!

#2 2014-03-19 12:25:24

Elthari
Administrator
Website

Re: [God Reviews]Meet your makers-erm the Gods [0.9.2]

Thank you very much! Speaking of which - Twilight will be buffed in the upcoming patch.

#3 2014-03-21 23:50:30

Skezh
Administrator

Great review!

Hilarious bill for "Her who knew an answer". To get her favor, note that any using of ANY skill or spell will give piety, as well as leveling. And even with 0 piety you can have the mindlink any time you like, while the other bonuses are very low-costing and useful. Also, there is a "Learn the Basics" power that gives out that best attack spell for non-wizards. She might worth a second look.

#4 2014-03-23 03:52:05

AceTheAvenger

You take over reviews. Yours are better than mine.

#5 2014-03-24 22:55:15

Elthari
Administrator
Website

Twilight was buffed in 0.9.3
Now -1 piety/attack instead of -2 piety/attack.

And Ace, I love your reviews too!

#6 2014-03-29 00:10:33

BinaryPony
Website

I just want to say that I'm going to be taking a break from the game for now, but I'll be back soon.

As you lose consciousness,  changelings sing "You are dead! Dead! Dead! You are dead! Dead! Dead!"

#7 2015-01-22 22:10:43

BinaryPony
Website

((Double posting to light up the box))
I'm back to playing around in the sandbox (fully unlocked version). I'll have new reviews up soon!

#8 2015-01-23 13:34:08

Elthari
Administrator
Website

Oh, that's a good reason to refresh the sandbox then!

#9 2015-07-23 11:17:54

someponyfan
Veteran

She who knew an answer fells like your not a fan of magic using or have some trouble in that area from the low ratting of her. Try using the alchemist class/alicorn race. She who truly cares is a bit untruthful in the "likes" area she is only a fan of magic healing not leveling up (if it heals or not), doesn't care about using pools to recover health, or using cider, also causing a bit of a contradiction with being a vampire. The worst contradiction is the "blessing" known as circle of peace it allows me to attack a beast once without it attacking me but She who cares dislikes it when I attack beast even with the "blessing" active. Circle of peace only affects beast so the description should be changed to: IT'S A TRAP! At least she does not dislike me when I go above lv 10.

Last edited by someponyfan (2015-08-18 09:27:17)

#10 2015-08-16 04:51:08

someponyfan
Veteran

Why won't they let me love them? If your class is alchemist (or you buy a cauldron) and make something it can't be given to the gods/goddess. Do they hate my flank or something? Even the lady of gems (who demands a gift every 100 turns) will not take anything I make.

#11 2015-09-30 00:51:14

Elthari
Administrator
Website

This idea is interesting indeed. Will have to think about it, no promises though!

#12 2015-10-27 15:10:29

someponyfan
Veteran

I am guessing of a problem with the lady of gems. If she gives back an item from the cauldron it might destroy the cauldron. Example I make apple cider then give it to the lady of gems request it back now I have apple cider where the cauldron used to be and after using/gifting the cider the space is treated as a used item.

#13 2015-10-27 16:46:50

Elthari
Administrator
Website

That's an interesting interaction. Can you please make a bug post of it?

#14 2015-10-27 17:34:06

Elthari
Administrator
Website

Just checked. You are unable to sacrifice the item created by the Cauldron, everything is fine.

#15 2015-10-27 18:14:57

someponyfan
Veteran

It is not a bug now just thought it might be a problem in the future if something could be sacrificed.

Board footer